There are a lot of products and treatment that work wonders when it comes to keeping your home flea free and stopping them from inflicting mayhem on your pet. But home remedies are always a safe solution to get rid of fleas. Fleas can be bummer for pet owners. It is also a real health threat for your beloved pet. When your pet has skin irritation and you take him to the vet then the very first question your vet will ask you, ‘have to try flea treatment of your pet?’ Here we will discuss some home remedies for flea that are not only beneficial for the treatment of fleas but also save you from such questions. Let’s have a look at some natural home remedies for the treatment of fleas and give it a try at least once to control fleas.
Treat your pet from the outside
Vinegar is the best cleaning solution is that also pet-friendly. It also helps you to get rid of fleas as they dislike its smell and you can use it to your benefit.
What you need:
- A large spray bottle that should be chemical free.
- You can take Apple Cider Vinegar or White Vinegar. Pick whatever is available in your cupboard.
- Take some vinegar and mix it in some water with the ratio of 1:1
- You can dilute it with a ratio of 1:3 vinegar to water if your pet finds that smell unpleasant
- You can spray this solution on your pet but make sure to avoid the eyes of your pets and open wounds.
- Let it dry and repeat this process after a couple of days.
- You can wipe your pet down this the washcloth by soaking with the mixture if your pet unlike the spray bottle
Treat your pet from the inside
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can give your pet’s skin an acidy taste. So add it to the water bottle of your pet because it makes him less appealing to fleas.
What you need:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Mix one teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar into every quart of water. You can also consult with your vet for the amount of ACV that your pet can ingest safely.
- Start with a small amount of Apple Cider Vinegar as your pet may not like this mixture first. Then increase the strength of ACV that your pet gets used to taste and smell
Treat your pet with natural house sprays
Essential oils are not good in smell and it is one of the best home remedies for fleas. Fleas don’t like the smell of essential oil like lavender, peppermint, rosemary, and tea tree oil. You can also use these essential oils for your living space to keep it flea free. But it can be harmful to your pets due to its scents. So consult your vet before using this treatment for fleas.
You can get rid of fleas with these easy home remedies for fleas. All you need to be preventive this season with these useful natural home remedies.